SVC Best for Online Education
Our flexible approach offers you a range of study options:
- Flexible: You can study by distance, online and flexible learning, which allows you to combine your studies with work or other commitments.
- Online: In addition to our programmes the SVC offers a range of Online Education, Part-Time, Distance Learning programmes
- Local support: As well as online support, for many of our programmes you may be able to study full-time with local teaching support. Find out more about the support on offer from Recognised Teaching Centres.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning and our online courses allow you to study wherever you are, arranging your studies around your work or family life. You learn using study materials and online learning resources that are designed for active learning. You can also connect with other students around the world via your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
What are the advantages of distance learning?
- Study anywhere – our programmes can be fully studied online so you can learn from wherever you are.
- Learn at your own pace – you’ll have the flexibility to fit your studies around your schedule and work commitments on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Value for money – fees for distance learning programmes are generally lower than on-campus programmes. You will also save on the cost of relocating to London to complete your degree.
How are learners supported?
When you register, we will give you access to the Student Portal. You can then access your Southern Vermont College email account and other key resources including: the Virtual Learning Environment, the Student Guide and the Online Library.
We also offer our students a wealth of careers resources and guidance. To find out more about the career support available to our students, please visit our global employability page.
Is distance learning and online study right for you?
Most of our programmes are designed to be studied online, independently. Our students benefit from the flexibility to choose where and when they study at a pace that fits their lifestyle.